Solid PDF Tools does what most users need when creating and working with PDF files, including document security, scan to PDF, OCR for search, and PDF/A creation and validation. In addition, Solid PDF Tools leads the industry in PDF to Word conversion excellence.
A quick look at features that are in common between Solid PDF Tools and Adobe Acrobat (Standard and Pro):
- View, print, and search PDF files
- Create PDF documents from any application that prints
- Optimize balance between quality and size depending on target audience: fonts and images
- Convert Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Access files to PDF with one click
- Protect PDF documents with 256-bit encryption
- Apply restrictions on printing, copying, and altering PDF documents
- Merge files from multiple applications into a single PDF document
- Convert documents to PDF/A for archiving with easy search and retrieval
- Save PDF files as Microsoft Word documents, retaining the layout, fonts, formatting, and tables, to facilitate reuse of content
- WYSIWYG page level editing: insert, delete, rotate, re-arrange
- Extract pages from PDF files to new PDF
- Scan paper documents to PDF and automatically recognize text with optical character recognition (OCR)
- Support of batch processes through scripting
- Validate documents for conformance to ISO standard PDF/A-1b (Solid PDF Tools and Acrobat Pro only)
Features unique to Solid PDF Tools:
- Superior document reconstruction for Save as Word: headers and footers, borderless tables, etc.
- Balance size and quality of scanned paper documents using Solid CGM compression technology
Solid PDF Tools price is just $99.95, 1/3 of Adobe Acrobat Standard and 1/4 of the cost of Adobe Acrobat Pro. Thousands of users in Fortune 500 companies and government entities have already made the obvious choice and switched to Solid Documents products.