Solid PDF Tools provides a number of powerful scanning features for creating PDF documents, including:
• Scanning multiple pages into one or more PDF documents
• The use of automatic document feeders to scan multiple pages quickly
• Applying OCR during the scanning process to create a searchable text layer in your scanned PDF documents.
To create a PDF document from your scanner, simply open Solid PDF Tools and click Scan to PDF.
Next, select the "Scanning" features that best meet your needs:
1. "Scan As"- Allows you to select the best settings for each page based on the original document, create a document with the smallest file size, or set Custom Optimization setting via the Tools | Options dialog screen.
2. Text Features - The Text tab provides settings that allows you to create a searchable text layer (Office 2003 or higher) and Auto Rotate the scan. Searchable text allows you to quickly find needed information in a document.
3. PDF Output Features - Set your Output settings to Open, Save, or Save and Open your PDF document after it has been created. You can direct Solid PDF Tools to Save your new file in a specific location on your computer, and you can assign file names automatically.
To create your new PDF document click the "Scan to PDF" button.
Once your document has been scanned you can continue scanning, or you can crop, rotate or discard the scan and start over.
OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
Scanning a paper document produces an image file. In order to search a scanned file using keywords or phrases a searchable text layer must be applied. The OCR (Optical Character Recognition) feature in Solid PDF Tools will allow you to add a searchable text layer, making your documents far more useful that ever before.
Upon completion your PDF document will be displayed in the Solid PDF Tools user interface where you can search for keywords and phrases, watermark all or specific pages, rearrange pages, combine other PDF documents with your new file, and much more.