When it comes to PDF conversions, one size does not fit all. Converting a 100-page long document that you want to revise extensively is different from converting a two-page form. Solid Converter PDF to Word provides numerous conversion output choices that help you get the results you need.
Why Should You Care?
Let's say you're converting a 20-page document and want to remove many paragraphs and large sections of text. If the text is in text boxes (what is made when using Exact Reconstruction mode), that means that content won't automatically "flow" once you've made your edits. If you want to move the contents of page 19 in your converted Word DOC to page 5, this could take you a very long time.
- Flowing. Recovers page layout, columns, formatting, and graphics, and preserves text flow. This is the best selection for most documents, particularly for those to which you want to make extensive revisions.
- Continuous. Does not retain the exact layout of the document. the Continuous mode correctly reconstructs the text order but will only recover paragraph formatting, graphics, and text flow.
- Plain Text. Displays text without any formatting or layout (as in a .txt file) . This mode will not recover formatting or graphics but will recover text flow using column and page layout analysis. (Note: You must use the wizard when converting a PDF file to plain text.)
- Exact. Uses Word text boxes to ensure that the text and graphic layout in the Word document is the same as the PDF file. It is most useful for short artistic or brochure-like documents. This is also your best choice if you want to convert a fill-in form and type entries into the form using Word. If you n
Other Options The vast majority of the documents we work with will convert correctly using the above settings. When you really need to be particular about how our software converts a document, you'll want to look at the extra settings below:
- Recover or Remove Images. You can choose how you want your images anchored in the document - automatically, with the page, or with the paragraph. If you wish, images can be removed entirely.
- Detect Tables. Solid Converter PDF can automatically recognize tables and convert them into table objects in the Word document. (Note: this option only works in Flowing or Continuous modes.)
- Select Page Range. Need pages 10-20 from a 100 page PDF converted to DOC? This feature will quickly become your friend.
- Convert Headers and Footers. If the PDF contains headers and footers you can convert them to Word headers and footers, convert them as normal text, or have them removed.